PER OCCURRENCE. ((BOB)) THE ARKANSAS DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH HAS CONFIRMED IT IS INVESTIGATING AT LEAST ONE VAPINGá RELATED ILLNESS IN PULASKI COUNTY. RIGHT NOW… THERE HAVE BEEN THREE CONFIRMED CASES IN THE STATE… 10 PROBABLE CASES AND 6 UNDER INVESTIGATION. ((ASHLEY)) AND TONIGHT… A WELL KNOWN LITTLE ROCK WOMAN HAS A WARNING FOR OTHER PARENTS AFTER SHE SAYS HER SON GOT SICK FROM VAPING. SHE SPOKE EXCLUSIVELY WITH KARK’S ASHLEI KING YOU MAY RECOGNIZE THIS MOTHER. HER NAME IS ERIN GRIFFIN AND SHE’S THE OWNER OF COTHAM’S RESTAURANT IN DOWNTOWN LITTLE ROCK. SHE CONSIDERS HERSELF TO BE A MOM WHO “DOESN’T HAVE HER HEAD IN THE CLOUDS.” SO YOU CAN ONLY IMAGINE HER SURPRISE WHEN SHE FOUND OUT HER 17á YEARáOLD SON WAS USING EáCIGARETTES AND GOT SICK FROM THEM. IT’S MADE NATIONAL HEADLINES… AS THE Cá DáC SAYS THE NUMBER OF VAPINGáRELATED LUNG ILLNESSES CONTINUES TO GROW. BUT IT’S SOMETHING ERIN GRIFFIN NEVER THOUGHT WOULD HIT SO CLOSE TO HOME. Erin Griffin, Mother: “I knew he was doing it. I mean, I’m not an idiot. We’ve got a really open relationship, but I never said, ‘How much are you doing? How often are you doing this?’ SHE’S TALKING ABOUT HER 17áYEARáOLD SON… MAX. AS A LONGTIME SMOKER… WHO JUST QUIT FIVE YEARS AGO… GRIFFIN SAYS SHE WAS CLUELESS ABOUT Eá CIGARETTES AND THEIR POTENTIAL DANGERS. Erin Griffin, Mother: “This vaping thing just passed me right by.” BUT JUST THIS SUMMER… SHE SAYS HER SON MAX DEVELOPED WHAT SHE CALLS A SMOKER’S COUGH. Erin Griffin, Mother: “He started complaining just a few weeks ago shortness of breath and he was coughing a lot and heartburn he felt like, just a pain in his chest.” AND THEN HE VOMITED BLOOD… SO SHE TOOK HIM TO THE DOCTOR. Erin Griffin, Mother: “He has tears and ulcers on his esophagus. His stomach is clear. I thought maybe he had a bleeding ulcer or something. Never even clued in that it from vaping. I thought he had an ulcer.” SHE SAYS THE DOCTOR SAYS THIS IS ALL FROM VAPING… WHICH HE HAS BEEN DOING FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS. Erin Griffin, Mother: “He was doing it in the house downstairs in his room, playing video games and I had no idea. You can’t smell it. It completely dissipates in the air and I had no idea what was going on under my own roof.” AFTER MAX’S DIAGNOSIS… SHE TOOK TO FACEBOOK TO SHARE HER SON’S STORY. WITHIN DAYS… THIS POST GOT MORE THAN ONEáTHOUSAND SHARES. Erin Griffin, Mother: “There was just so many people that it touched that are dealing with it or want to get the word out that this is something that happened or this is what the doctor said. This is real.” GRIFFIN BELIEVES HER SON AND HIS FRIENDS WERE GETTING THE VAPES FROM STORES THAT WERE NOT CHECKING THEIR IáD’S. SHE URGES PARENTS TO TEST THEIR KIDS FOR NICOTINE AND SHE SAYS SHE’S THANKFUL THEY CAUGHT MAX’S CONDITION BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE. I’M ASHLEI KING, BACK TO YOU.